Fabric Flower Tutorial | The Flamingo Chronicals: Fabric Flower Tutorial

Fabric Flower Tutorial

Howdy fellow bloggers!
It was a RECORD 107 degrees here in Dallas today!
I didn't even leave the house until it was dark - too hot!

Today I have a tutorial on the very cute fabric flowers I made for my State Fair mini that I posted a couple of days ago. I am sure I am not the only one who has ever made these flowers, so I am by no means claiming this idea as my own- but this is how I make them. 
Aren't these too cute? I love the homespun feel of them.
Here is how I make them

I use the Sizzix die with the 4 circles on it, 3 pieces of cotton fabric in coordinating patterns and a die cut machine. I used my original sizzix for this one, but a Cuttlebug works just as well.
  I cut all the fabrics at one time.
Now we have 3 circles of each pattern fabric. Choose one circle of each size for your flower.
What you want to do now is to make the edges a little worn looking. I do this by going along the edge of each circle and pulling the threads. Some of the threads will come loose, some will come out completely. This is OK - the fabric will also pucker a little as you do this. Repeat for each circle.
I only used 3 layers to make my flowers.
See how the edges are a curled and a little ragged now. 
 Secure all the layers together, my fav is to use
the Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz - love that thing!
 Then we need to add a center, I used a button here, but you can use brads, bling, use your I-top brad maker and matching fabric - whatever strikes your fancy!
And that is it - I hope you have a great time making flowers. These look great on Christmas gifts too, just in case you are thinking that far ahead :o)
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment