Quick and Easy Die Storage | The Flamingo Chronicals: Quick and Easy Die Storage

Quick and Easy Die Storage

Good morning bloggers! Today I have my first post for 
Craft Storage Ideas - so please be sure you hop over to the blog and 
check it out. There is such a great team and 
so many good ideas on the site!

Are you like me and have too many nesting die sets? Well, really, can we have too many?? I have quite a few and storage was becoming a problem. I wanted to keep them handy in my Alex Drawer unit from IKEA with my other dies, but was having a hard time finding a way to do it. I looked at the available store-bought options and none appealed to me. I also did not want to keep them in the package - too bulky.

A little creativity was in order. I wanted easy access, to be able to see the dies at a glance, and to use something I already had here in my craft studio. I started hunting around and found exactly what I needed!



I bought these clear envelopes for a project some time ago from Inky Antics for a project that I never got around to. They are the perfect size. I grabbed those, my Crop-o-Dile, and a left over ring from an album kit. I used the Crop-o-Dile to punch holes in the corner of the envelopes - I did them all at once so they would be even. I put one set of dies in each envelope and put the ring in.



Easy peasy! Of course, it didn't occur to me until much later on that I should label them, so I could remember which sets I had - you should do that from the start! Now all my sets of thin dies are stored in the space of one envelope. Easy to reach, easy to see, and I didn't have to buy a single thing.



3 comments: