Valentine Banner | The Flamingo Chronicals: Valentine Banner

Valentine Banner

Howdy everyone! Hope your week is going great so far. 
We have had the flu around here. Everyone in my neighborhood had had it
and someone passed it along to me :o(  I am on the uphill
swing now and starting to feel much better thankfully!

Today I want to share a banner I mad for Valentines day. Now you might remember
that I made a a really cute one last year. And my DD1 swiped it from me. 
So I had to make another one for myself. 
I stared with a Maya Road Chipboard Heart Mini Album, but I only used
 the inside pages. I painted them with a mixture of pink & white acrylic paints,
 then sprinkled them with pearl watercolor and barely blended it.
I sprayed it with gold mist and set them aside to dry.

I used my Fiskars punch and Basic Grey's new True Love papers to make my flower cones.I lightly inked the edges and then rolled the hearts up to make the cone shape.
I used my Tiny Attacher to secure the cone and then used 1" Glue Lines® to stick the cones onto the chipboard bases. 
I used Ultra Thin Glue Dots® to secure my flowers & leaves into the cones.
I used my McGill punch for the leaves.
I used Heidi Grace chipboard letters, painted them with gesso and used my Stampers Big Brush Pen® in Deep Scarlet Red #219 to doodle on them. I used Mini Glue Dots® to add them to my hearts.
I added some bling to each heart, because what would Valentine's Day be without it?
I used some red velvet rick-rack I had on hand to tie the hearts together and to hang the banner up.
There you have it! I am hoping that I can hang onto this banner longer than the one I made last year!
What are you making for Valentine's day?  I would love to see, so leave me a link.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a fabulous weekend!
Have you checked out the Glue Dots® Blog? Lots of great inspiration there for
all your projects!

Anita
 
I wrote this blog post while participating on the Glue Dots design team

2 comments:

  1. Anita... this is lovely!!! I adore the way you used the hearts to make cute little cones to hold your flowers! Great project!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adore the tiny tussie mussies on each heart, and the bling! Very pretty banner, DD1 might take this one too! lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete