Learning to Waltz - Sparkle N Sprinkle | The Flamingo Chronicals: Learning to Waltz - Sparkle N Sprinkle

Learning to Waltz - Sparkle N Sprinkle

Hi bloggin buddies! Today I have the promised layout that I previewed last week.
I have used the new stamp set Cinderellas Slipper from Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Several years ago, during my daughter's Debutante Year, she and my husband had to take 8 weeks of waltz lessons. It really was the cutest thing! Because they were going to be waltzing in a big group, with their big white dresses on, they had to do all their practice sessions in their petticoats and high heels. So we had 19 Dads and 19 Debs on the floor which made for one great scrapbook opportunity for me!
 
Now, I should mention, that my daughter had the BIGGEST petticoat out of the group. The thing had to be custom made to go under her gown and it had 144 yards of tulle in the petticoat alone!! It would stand up by itself. Really.
I have used Maya Road for the title piece, and Websters for the pennant punch outs.
 
This little slipper from#528 Cinderella Slipper was perfect for my project. I stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using Silver Lightning, then I colored with Pearlescent Liquid Acrylics and fussy cut.
 
To create my background, I cut cardstock using my electronic die cut machine, then randomly heat embossed using 4 embossing powders; Super Thick Clear, Super Thick White, Bahama Mama, and Princess Rose.
 
For my title piece I heat embossed both pieces using Detail Black and Ultra Thick White. The vine is heat embossed using Spring Willow and Mojito, the bird is heat embossed with Silver Lightning.
 
Here is a close up of the embossing on the vine and the background.
 
A look at my sweet baby with her ginormous petticoat. With the dress on over it, because of course the dress had to have about 40 layers of tulle too, her dress measured FIVE FEET ACROSS - no kidding. A true Southern Belle right there, y'all!

For more detail on how I made this layout and more projects from me, please hop over to my Sparkle N Sprinkle Gallery!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great week!!

May the Flamingos Be With You!!
 Anita .
.

Here is a list of products I used to create this layout:
SNS Supplies:
#528 Cinderella Slipper

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout and what a great memory to capture. Love the background and of course, the glittery high heeled shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this layout, Anita! I'm impressed that her tulle "petticoat" fit over her jeans! LOL Such a happy occasion! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one amazing layout! Your photos are so fun and fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent! Love your beautiful LO and fantastic story it tells. Your cut and embossed background is stunning and so are all those added details. FABULOUS WORK; anita!
    Hugs,
    Eret

    ReplyDelete