St Lucia - Frosted Designs Deconstructed Layout | The Flamingo Chronicals: St Lucia - Frosted Designs Deconstructed Layout

St Lucia - Frosted Designs Deconstructed Layout

Hi everyone!

Today's project is part of my new series the Deconstructed Layout
 for today's tutorial we will be making a Box Flower- they
are so simple and so fun!


Here is a look at my layout,,
 I used bits an pieces from several of my previous Frosted Designs Kits
for this layout. I am trying to work my way through my stash!

 My papers are FabScraps and for my background I stamped 
a large graphic design all over and gave everything a good spray 
with Dylusions White Linen. 

Start with die cut scallop circles- I have three sizes here - you can make your flower with one, two or three layers- totally up to you!. For each layer you will need 4 circles all the same size.

  1. Start by inking the edges, then spraying BOTH sides with water or (my choice) one of the iridescent sprays like Glimmer Mist. 
  2. Lightly crumple the circles up into a ball
  3. Open back up and fold in half.  


Ok- let's assemble our flower!

  1. Lay 1 piece down facing to the left.
  2. Add your second piece so that it is half on top of the 1st piece, facing towards you.
  3. Add the 3rd piece so that it is half on top of the 2nd piece, facing right.
  4. Add the last piece so that it is half on top of the 3rd piece and half UNDER the 1st piece. 
  5. Use a little piece of liquid glue under each flap to secure it to the piece below it. 
  6. Repeat with a set of smaller circles if you want to add a second layer.
  7. Use a brad in the center to secure everything together. 
Here is a look at the box flower- fun, yes?? 
(I used the largest and smallest circles that I cut)
I have also used some KaiserCraft flowers and 
Basic Grey die cut stickers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Have a wonderful week!








4 comments:

  1. Another winner of a layout, Anita! Thanks for the tutorial for the boxed flowers - that looks like fun! Your embellishments for this piece work so nicely together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty layout! I love the color combo. Thanks for sharing on how to make the pretty flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty, Anita! thanks for the flower-making tutorial - it looks fabulous woven like that. Pretty! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty layout !! You always have the loveliest elements !! Hugs, Mayra

    ReplyDelete