Deconstructed Layout #13 Happiness Is,,,, | The Flamingo Chronicals: Deconstructed Layout #13 Happiness Is,,,,

Deconstructed Layout #13 Happiness Is,,,,

newborn layout
Today's Deconstructed Layout - Happiness is,, -  is about using repeating patterns and colors. I really wanted my photo on this layout to stand out, but I still wanted to be able to use a fair amount of detail and embellishments on the page. In order to do this, I kept the colors to a minimum and repeated the same shapes over and over.


To see the more in the Deconstructed Layout series go here.


My goal was to have lots of detail on the page, but make it blend into the background and let the photo shine in front. 
To make this happen, I 
1. repeated the same basic shape of the KRAFT DOILY several times.
*doilies
*stenciled background
*brads
*flowers
2. I REPEATED the pattern of the KRAFT DOILY on the edge of my punched strip
3. I picked a color from the photo (Golden Yellow)and went several shades lighter for the color of my embellishments/background



photo accents
These Petaloo flowers were the perfect color, and I used a  We R paper from to mat my photo.


paper punches
This is the same cardstock I used to mat my photo with, I punched both edges and added a strip of glitter down the center.

faux stitching
On the kraft doily I inked the edges and added some faux stitching- and I cut them in half before I tucked them under the photo mat. Now, I still have 3 to use again on another project. The stamp I used here is from Elle's Studio stamps.

resin accents
I loved these resin accents, but they were white, so to make them blend in I used the same ink on them as I used else where and buffed with a dry cloth. I added some ribbon and more pearls here. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
I hope you have enjoyed this installment of my Deconstructed Layout series! 





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love everything about this layout.....the repeated patterns, colors, and adorable photo! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layou is gorgeous, Anita. Love the background and all the lovely embellishments. This cute photo pops out from your beautiful LO.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete