The Deconstructed Layout #16- Tower of Terror | The Flamingo Chronicals: The Deconstructed Layout #16- Tower of Terror

The Deconstructed Layout #16- Tower of Terror


Tower of Terror layout
In today's Deconstructed Layout we are all about the background!Today my project is about making your own background. I have used a plain piece of solid cardstock and altered it using stencils, Gelatos®, PITT® Pastel Pencils, ArtGRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, stamps, spray inks, and molding paste.


http://theflamingochronicals.blogspot.com/p/deconstucted-layouts.html

To see the whole series of Deconstructed Layouts click on the logo.

stenciled background

For the base layer I used a 12x12 stencil and filled in the circles using watercolor pencils, Gelatos, and pastel pencils. I then outlined all the circles with a fine tip black pen - one that won't run when sprayed with water! I moved the stencil and sprayed lightly with water so make the watercolors run in a few places. I also added a few sprays of ink here and there. 

stamped background
The next layer is some simple stamping. I used an old background stamp that I bought years go - it's a basic shape that works well on pretty much everything. Next up is a layer with stencils and modeling paste. When the paste was dry I used a damp sponge and Gelatos to color it. This method also deposits a bit of color in other random places so beware. 

stencil texture
Here's a close up of the colored paste. You can see how the color is uneven and leaves some areas of the paste white. The very last layer on the background was to add some shimmer spray. It's hard to see in the photo but it's just visible at the top of the beige circle. 

Here are a few close ups of the layout. 

lots of layers
I used lots of layers under my photo for added visual texture. 

using layers
Lots of layers here too - eight layers total at the corner of the photo. Because they are all flat layers it doesn't add any really bulk to the layout so it will still slip easily into my albums. 

Steven Tyler riding along
Yeah,,, that's Steven Tyler in the back row. 

Journal card

I always add journaling to my layouts in my own hand writing.  I started scrapbooking to tell stories and I just can't do a layout with out telling the story! If you want to know why you should use your own hand writing, rather than a printout, on your layouts, see my post here on why it is so important.


Mixed media layout
Way back in the day, when I was a Band Mom, we went to Walt Disney World one year for competition. As a group of us were standing right at the front of the line to get on the Tower of Terror, who should walk right up to the front of the line but Steven Tyler of Aerosmith!


If you would like to see more of The Deconstructed Layouts
the entire series is shown HERE.











1 comment: