Easter Treat Boxes Tutorial | The Flamingo Chronicals: Easter Treat Boxes Tutorial

Easter Treat Boxes Tutorial

Hi everyone, I am Guest Blogging over at Craft Paper Scissors today and I have a fun and easy project to share with you. I love to feed people and host parties- and I am so happy those things go hand in hand! I was fortunate to help out a friend with a small Easter themed tea party. I wanted the guests to be able to take lots of goodies home with them after the party. Of course, I had to create some instead of buying some, and here is what I came up with.


I wanted to keep with the soft colors I was using for my table, pinks, yellows and pale greens. Since I was using vintage dishes and linens I wanted to keep the lines fairly clean as well, which is pretty hard for me! My PP are from ADORNit -  I am loving these papers, I have been using them on everything!


I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out my boxes and layers, then inked all my edges. If you do not have an electronic die cut machine, they are lots of patterns online for creating your own.


I adhered all the layers before assembling the boxes. I used Eileen Hull dies (from my Prime VIB Blogger Event Box) and Maya Road stamps for the label on the from, using foam tape to give it some dimension. Each box is a little different; I simply added a few embellishments from my stash keeping with the color theme. I used a small piece of strong, double sided tape on each flap to assemble them.


For the handles, I simply cut 12" x 3/4" strips of cardstock, applied double sided tape to all but the last inch on each end, then applied coordinating ribbon to each strip. The ribbon gives the cardstock more shape and makes it more durable.


To add the handles I used more double sided tape at the very ends, and added the handles to the inside of the boxes.

I finished each one off with a sparkly bow made from Offray Metallic ribbon. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to hop over to Craft Paper Scissors and check out what's going on over there.

Have a fabulous Holiday this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment