Etched Christmas Ornament - Christmas in July | The Flamingo Chronicals: Etched Christmas Ornament - Christmas in July

Etched Christmas Ornament - Christmas in July

Yeah- I am getting this post in under the wire- I have been working on some Christmas in July projects and it is still July!! Still on track :o)

I have been using my Etchall Etching Creme for lots of fun things lately and I am really happy with how this project turned out.

I used Etching Creme, Etchmask, a plain glass ornament that I picked up at the local craft store, a craft punch, and some stickers for this project.

To start off I punched a shape in a piece of my Etchmask. If you have never used Etchmask, it is awesome for creating your own etching stencils.

Next up, I applied Etchmask Transfer Sheet to the top of the Etchmask, This makes it easy to apply to the surface to be etched, plus makes sure that your Etchmask keeps it's shape.

Since my surface was not entirely flat, it did take a little bit of doing to get the Etchmask on just right. Patience is the key here! Use your squeegee to make sure that all of the edges of the mask are firmly adhered to the glass surface, then remove the Transfer Sheet. At this point I added my stickers in the center of the open area to make my design. Remember: The open glass will be etched, and everything that is covered will be clear when you are done!

For my design, I added a large snowflake in the center and holly leaves all around the outer edge. I cut the stickers to fit my design.
TIP: When working on a curved surface add a ring of masking tape around the area to be etched to contain the Etching Creme.

Apply a thick coat of Etching Creme and allow to sit 15 minutes. Return excess creme to the jar and rinse project under running water being careful not to get the creme on any of the unetched surfaces.

Here is a close up of the center snowflake in my design.  Who else is getting ready for Christmas? I would love to see what you are working on.

Be sure to check out the Etchall Facebook page to see more projects by the Etchall Ambassadors. Thanks for stopping by today!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The stickers are such a easy and beautiful accent for the etchall. Thank you! This is a great etlte etching!!!

    ReplyDelete