Happy Bunny in the Texas Bluebonnets | The Flamingo Chronicals: Happy Bunny in the Texas Bluebonnets

Happy Bunny in the Texas Bluebonnets

Texas Bluebonnets Scrapbook Layout using Mixed Media techniques

Taking photos in the bluebonnets is a Texas tradition and I couldn't wait to take the Princess to get her photos the first spring after she was born. I really think she was more interested in eating the flowers than me taking her photos, but I still managed to get some cute shots!

For my layout I used Bazzill cardstock, Kaisercraft and Basic Grey papers, stickers from My Little Shoebox, chipboard from Bluefern studio and Want2Scrap, Petaloo flowers, and some mixed media goodness from Faber-Castell.

Scrapbook Layout Easter Photos in the Texas Bluebonnets
I mean, really, how cute is this little kid?? I'm not biased or anything, really!

Mixed Media scrapbook background

I used Texture Luxe from Faber-Castell and a stencil to add some dimension to my background. I love to tuck little scrap pieces of lace here and there in my layouts, and adding it between layers of paper really helps build dimension.

Flower cluster using petaloo flower embellishments.
Adding flowers is a must for me and I love these Petaloo blooms - they are fairly FLAT. To build  great floral cluster start with a focal flower, and fill in with smaller flowers around it - you want to end up with an odd number of flowers. For instance here I have 5 flowers. After you have those arranged how you want them, it is time to start filling in the background. Here I added some flower stamens using hot glue and tucking them in small bunches here and there. To finish off the cluster I added some ribbon and a chipboard leaf. Simple!

Using  Tombow markers to color chipboard embellishments.
I added a few chipboard pieces to finish off my layout. For the mushroom I used my Tombow Markers to color it - seriously the quickest and easiest way to color your chipboard embellishments ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment